Social Media Marketing Director
- Co-author of The Facebook Marketing Book from O’Reilly
- Managed teams to develop and maintain comprehensive, integrated social media campaigns.
- Led creative development and strategy on cross-platform digital promotions.
- •Managed targeting, budgets and creative testing for paid initiatives.
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Las Vegas, NV
Social Media Manager, Social Media Director
- Manages a successful team for both marketing and retention through social media, including: Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+, YouTube, Yelp, TripAdvisor.
- Develops content and campaigns for social channels to increase engagement and brand awareness.
- Brainstorms, leads and executes cross-channel promotions to meet property-wide goals while working with a variety of stakeholders.
- Drives revenue through paid and organic social media promotions leading to room bookings, ticket sales, restaurant reservations and retail purchases.
- Maintains brand presence in social media, responding to comments and managing guest experience by offering advice, answering questions and addressing customer service issues.
- Analyzes metrics and manages budgets to track success and meet goals.
- Utilizes a variety of social media platforms and tools for optimal community management, content delivery and reporting.
- Led 9x increase in Facebook likes and 20x increase in Twitter followers, surpassing global brands as an individual property.
- Named “most checked-into hotel” in the world on Foursquare.
Interactive Copywriter, Online Community Manager
June 2o10-June 2011
- Developed and implemented multi-market, cross-platform promotions for brand awareness, member retention and customer service utilizing email, offline events, website and social.
- Managed corporate brand presence on Facebook and Twitter, responding to questions and comments and leading discussion around car sharing, sustainability and related topics.
- Led the launch of regional Twitter accounts and trained social media teams in multiple markets.
- Wrote copy for international print, direct mail, email, banner ad and website marketing initiatives.
Interactive Copywriter, Social Media Strategist
February 2009-June 2o10
- Developed international campaigns for the travel and hospitality sector, including concepts and final copy for print and online, such as emails, ad units and site content.
- Acted as primary copywriter on major, global brands, including InterContinental Hotels Group, Holiday Inn, Tide, Always, GMAC Mortgage, Buick, Samsung and General Motors.
- Concepted social media marketing strategies for brand awareness and promotions.
- Led instructional sessions on Twitter, Facebook and other social media platforms.
Advanced Media Productions
Marketing Communications Writer, Social Media Coordinator
June 2006-January 2009
- Implemented full-scale SEO efforts, including web copy, image and video optimization.
- Executed successful reputation management efforts to replace negative content in search results.
- Coordinated a social media marketing team to design and develop Facebook applications.
- Acted as project manager, coordinating web design, writing and social media team with client.
- Managed email marketing program, coordinating schedule, format and list management.
January 2005-December 2005
- Served as primary copywriter on full-service team within an agency environment.
- Played an integral part in branding, marketing, client discussions and creative development.
- Wrote all copy for print ads and brochures; collaborated with art director on visual aspects and layout of print materials.
Boston University College of Communications
Bachelor of Science in Communication May 2006
Concentration in Advertising
Liberal Arts Concentration in Psychology
Related Course Work
- Intro to Advertising
- Ad Management
- Ad Copy and Design
- Computers in Communication
- Portfolio Development
- Advanced Promotional Writing
Gamma Phi Beta Sorority
Vice President of Public Relations
Headed up all on campus promotions for events and the organization as a whole; created and maintained a positive image by promoting, organizing and attending campus events.